Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Page author in group pages

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

02 March 2015, 15:43

When I copy a personal page into a group, the page owner is set to the group title and displayed just below the title as 'by groupname' The same is true for a page created in the group.

I am wondering what workarounds people are using to identify who actually created the page. I am asking because knowing who started a page is going to be useful in a collaboration project we are doing.

Thank you.

Aaron Wells's profile picture

03 March 2015, 14:19

I don't have any workaround, but I just wanted to chip in that I'm interested in this topic as well. I think Mahara really needs some more robust form of collaborative page editing, but I'm not sure what the details of that would look like. So hearing about people's current workarounds might give me some ideas. :)

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 March 2015, 16:58

I am also interested in this topic. I am looking at using Mahara to build a collaborative knowledge building network for teachers. An important concept of this knowledge network is that it is entirely open so all pages created within groups and individual pages are open to everybody else within the network.

It would be great if the authoring of pages in groups was available so that users could find pages created by other teachers within a group so that they could expand their knowledge building throughout the network. For example, there is a link to the original author of a page in addition to the group so that I can look at knowledge builds by groups, but more importantly by original authors. 

3 results