Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
User stories

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 January 2015, 22:23

Hi All,

We are battling with IT to have Mahara setup college wide. They want us to use Sharepoint!

To better make our case I was looking for a good set/list of user stories or scenarios.

I.e.

Story... so that / Reason
As a student I want to create a online eportfolio I can chart my personal development
As a student I want to create a online eportfolio I can show potential employers what I have been doing and why I'm sutiable for a role
As a student I want to share my work with peers my work and be reviewed.
As a teacher I want to access eportfolios To mark them for assessment
As teacher I want to write comments to leave feedback for my students

Does anyone have anything like this that might cover creation, assessment, sharing etc.

Thanks

Paul

Sam Taylor's profile picture

14 March 2015, 2:11

Hi Paul,

I have recently been working with colleagues to record their reasons for using Mahara/myPortfolio.  I have recently left the uni where I was working, and the videos are still in draft - but please take a look here:

http://mahara.solent.ac.uk/casestudies

I haven't been promoting them as yet as there is still some work to be done, but please have a look :) I'm presenting at the Mahara Hui in NZ next month where I'll be sharing more stories (hope it's being recorded?).

Cheers,

Sam

PS - SharePoint has its uses, but not for an eportfolio imho ...

Bas Bakker's profile picture

15 March 2015, 6:55

Hi Paul,

Maybe you can have a look at the EUfolio project outcomes (http://eufolio.eu/). April 22nd there will be the end-conference for this project.The outcomes from this project will include case studies, portfolio exemplars, a policy makers manual, a technical specification manual and various other resources.

Main project outcomes:

1. EUfolio Review of existing ePortfolio Policies and Practices (Report)
  2. EUfolio Process Specification
  3. Open Source ePortfolio Platform (Mahara)
  4. Microsoft based ePortfolio Platform (SharePoint)
  5. Teacher CPD Resources
  6. School Case Studies
  7. Examplar ePortfolios
  8. Trans-national peer-to-peer online network of pilot schools and teachers
  9. EUfolio Policymaker’s Manual

@Sam, what are in your opinion the main reasons why SharePoint is not suitable as an ePortfolio-platform?

3 results