Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara/ Foliospaces

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 May 2014, 12:52

The University of New England is currently using Mahara and I am employed as an academic developer. I noticed Foliospaces is back again and just tried to import my UNE portfolio using the Leap2A compliant format but it says the import failed either because:

This could be because you did not select a valid Leap2A file to upload (which I did) or because the version of your Leap2A file is not supported by this Mahara version. Alternatively, there may be a bug in Mahara causing the import to fail, even though the Leap2A file is valid.

I am trying to encourage the use of Mahara at our instituion but if this service doesn't work and students cannot take their ePortfolios with them that it is very difficult to gain much traction. Can someone look into why this is happening?

Could it be the version of Mahara UNE is running? We are on 1.3.3.

Regards

Brian Landrigan

Patric Lougheed's profile picture

09 May 2014, 16:19

Hello Brian,

I had experienced this when setting up my instance and it turned out that it was because I set it up on MySQL. Once I moved the site to PostgreSQL imports worked again.

Account deleted

09 May 2014, 17:06

Thanks Patric,

I'm not a part of our IT department but will definitely talk to them about your suggestion. Foliospaces got back to me and said it is " most likely"  because our version is so old that it is no longer compatible.

Thanks for responding.

Brian

Don Presant's profile picture

09 May 2014, 23:11

I suggest testing on other systems; it could be server settings or memory, especially if it seems to start OK, then fail. That was a problem I had in the past.

Try another system like portfoliocommunities.com. It's public or at least used to be. Dirk Meyer is on this board a lot.

I can also try importing a test Leap2A file from you on my 1.8 MySQL system if you like.

Aaron Wells's profile picture

14 May 2014, 13:39

Hi Brian,

The Mahara core developers try to make the Leap2a import completely backwards-compatible with Leap2a files exported from older versions of Mahara. If you want to file a bug in our bug tracker ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug ) and attach your Leap2a file or email it to me at [email protected] , I can take a look and see if it's a bug in Mahara core that's causing the problem.

Cheers,

Aaron

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 June 2014, 21:00

Hello Brian,

You could try to import your portfolio into http://demo.mahara.org and see if that works. Just note that your Leap2A file should always be smaller than the maximum allowed file upload size which differs from instance to instance. Does UNE have any plugins installed that could interfere?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

17 June 2014, 14:24

Dear Kristina,

I tried this but still no luck. The file is only 5.2mb so I don't think it is file size that is the issue?

I'm back to thinking it is our old version.

Brian

22 June 2014, 13:34

Hello Brian,

Were it possible that you send me your file? See the message I sent.

Cheers

Kristina

24 June 2014, 20:20

To close this of: Brian sent the Leap2A file. It had a YouTube video that included 2 dashes in the link which got the parser confused as it was expecting the end of a comment. Removing the not so necessary mentioning of IE solved the problem and the file can be imported.

Account deleted

24 July 2014, 22:48

Dear All,

I tried the export to Leap2A file and then import it to the same site, but it doesn't work.

the site is demo mahara (http://demo.mahara.org/) and exported the profile of student1 and then tried to import it to student2 account.

This error is shown:

Sorry - the import of your Leap2A file failed.

This could be because you did not select a valid Leap2A file to upload or because the version of your Leap2A file is not supported by this Mahara version. Alternatively, there may be a bug in Mahara causing the import to fail, even though the Leap2A file is valid.

Even I created an account (anisj) and tried to import the same Leasp2A file and the same error message is shown.

BTW, the Leap2A file size is 106KB

Please advise.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Anis

17 results