Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Pages submitted to groups won't release

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 April 2014, 2:08

We are running 1.5.1.  

Teachers are unable to relase pages back to students that have been submitted - the page says "processing" and eventually crashes.  The same problem occurs when trying to leave feedback on pages. 

ideas? 

-Erin

16 April 2014, 3:55

Hello Erin,

Is it something new what happens with your submitted pages or is it something you are are facing because it is the first time your are using this feature?

Nevertheless, to understand what happens within your system it is always more easy with the help of the server/php/mysql log. Usually you will find them in the log folder of your installation.

Also may I advise you to upgrade your système to a more recent version of Mahara. 1.9 just went out today. I don't think that 1.5 is still supported by the Mahara team.

Regards,

-dajan

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 April 2014, 5:08

Thanks - we are in the process of updating right now. We've never had an issue with releasing submitted pages until today (and it's a feature we have used with many classes for the last year). 

Will check the log  too.

16 April 2014, 22:51

Thank you for your Reply Erin,

So it seems that something new has happened on your server. In that case, the logs are definitevely a source of information you have to investigate to undersdand what heppened.

On Ubuntu the logs are in /var/log.

On the Web you will find information about where are the log files regarding the system you are using. This article can also be a start : http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-log-files-location-and-how-do-i-view-logs-files/

Wish you a good upgrade to 1.9 and moreover wish you can find a solution to your problem

Regards,

-dajan

4 results