Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Deleted Group: Missing content on restore

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 April 2014, 22:33

Hi all..

A user here deleted a group.

I've managed to re-enable it by modifying the 'deleted' field in the database table, however all the content has vanished!!..

I got an old copy of the database and restored all the rows for the 'artefact' table that related to that group ID, but still the group has no content in it :-/..

Anyone have any ideas? It's almost like I need to reload the cache or something I don't see why it's missing

Thank you in advance

Robert Lyon's profile picture

07 April 2014, 10:42

Hi Adam,

When one deletes a group the following commands also happen (as well as updating the group to marked as deleted), so you will need to look in your old copy for rows in those tables relating to the id of the deleted group and add the missing data back in.

delete_records('group_member_invite', 'group', $group->id);
    delete_records('group_member_request', 'group', $group->id);
    delete_records('view_access', 'group', $group->id);

// Delete views owned by the group
    require_once(get_config('libroot') . 'view.php');
    foreach (get_column('view', 'id', 'group', $group->id) as $viewid) {
        $view = new View($viewid);
        $view->delete();
    }

// Release views submitted to the group
    foreach (get_column('view', 'id', 'submittedgroup', $group->id) as $viewid) {
        $view = new View($viewid);
        $view->release();
    }

// Delete artefacts
    require_once(get_config('docroot') . 'artefact/lib.php');
    ArtefactType::delete_by_artefacttype(get_column('artefact', 'id', 'group', $group->id));

// Delete forums
    require_once(get_config('docroot') . 'interaction/lib.php');
    foreach (get_column('interaction_instance', 'id', 'group', $group->id) as $forumid) {
        $forum = interaction_instance_from_id($forumid);
        $forum->delete();
    }

Klaus Steitz's profile picture

23 April 2015, 20:02

Thanks for that information!

We got the same problem, group deleted by an user;
set the "deleted" field in database from "1" to "0", but all content is missing now.

Is there some kind of restore-script or something planned? Restoring all the content by hand according to the list posted here is a timekiller and in my mind unreasonable.

What´s about group-backups, like course-backups in Moodle (maybe even automated too)?

Thanks for answers!

Aaron Wells's profile picture

24 April 2015, 11:11

There's a wishlist item for Backup & Restore of groups, but it's not in active development at the moment.

If you'd like to speed it up, you can click the "This bug affects me" link, and/or if you've got some budget, sponsor its development. https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/732971

Cheers,

Aaron

4 results