Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Upgrade 1.8.1 php error

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 March 2014, 22:41

Hi,

I'm trying to update our Mahara from 1.7.2 to 1.8.1 and in my dev. enviroment ( maintained with git) I get the following errors on the dashboard after the login:

[WAR] 80 (lib/view.php:2696) Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Call stack (most recent first):

• log_message("Invalid argument supplied for foreach()", 8, true, true, "/home/feder/workspace/Mahara/htdocs/lib/view.php", 2696) at/home/feder/workspace/Mahara/htdocs/lib/errors.php:430
  • error(2, "Invalid argument supplied for foreach()", "/home/feder/workspace/Mahara/htdocs/lib/view.php", 2696, array(size 10)) at/home/feder/workspace/Mahara/htdocs/lib/view.php:2696
  • View->get_layout() at /home/feder/workspace/Mahara/htdocs/lib/view.php:1776
  • View->build_column_datastructure(1, false) at /home/feder/workspace/Mahara/htdocs/lib/view.php:1811
  • View->get_row_datastructure() at /home/feder/workspace/Mahara/htdocs/lib/view.php:2151
  • View->get_all_blocktype_javascript() at /home/feder/workspace/Mahara/htdocs/index.php:35

This occurs , as I mentioned on the login dashboard and when I want to open a view...

Below the error message the dashboard site also the view is displayed properly. 

I installed a "fresh" mahara 1.8 to compare the files, but there are no differences..

Has anyone an idea or hint..?

Thanks in advance!

Christian

21 March 2014, 23:35

Hello Christian,

I would recommend to make a compare-check of the database scheme, between your installation and a fresh Mahara 1.8.1 installation.

You will then maybe find some changes in the database scheme that must be addressed on your side.

Regards,

-dajan

Account deleted

22 March 2014, 0:00

Hi dajan,

thanks for your hint and your fast response!

I'll check this..

Regards,

Christian

Account deleted

07 April 2014, 22:53

Hi dajan,

this error has gone in the meantime.. ;-)

While I was comparing the schemas, I implemented v1.8.2 today and the are no more errors in my enviroment!

To the comparison of the schemes..

I'm not sure, if there is a mor convienient way like I did...:-(

...to compare the DB-Schema, i made two (schema-)files with pg_dump, then i created a .diff file ( >700MB, and >64000lines).

This is very challenging..

Regards,

Christian

4 results