Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
IE11 & Touch problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 March 2014, 11:58

Hi Guys,

Recently a class here got windows 8.1 tablets, but when trying to use mahara they are not able to add blocks to the page. The hold and drag does not work, all it does it try to scroll the page. I know on the ipads there is a bullet dot selection method for blocks which works well. But this option doesnt appear for the windows tablets.

Running mahara 1.6.2

Account deleted

19 March 2014, 12:29

i have also tried with demo.mahara.org with the new interface and the same issue is occuring

Account deleted

21 March 2014, 10:26

Hi,

I've been looking into this and it's the same on my Windows 8.1 tablet. It would be great if you could add a bug report (under Community -> Bug / feature tracker) and I'll see if I can find a way to fix it. If you need a fix urgently and are happy editing JavaScript/PHP files let me know and I'll see if I can find out what you need to change.

Account deleted

21 March 2014, 12:54

Hi Jono,

I have submitted the bug report.

I am happy to edit java and php if it will help resolve this issue

Account deleted

01 April 2014, 17:20

Hi Jono,

Any update on this? Is there anything i can try untill the official patch has been released?

Robert Lyon's profile picture

03 April 2014, 9:13

Hi Mathew,

You should be able edit htdocs/js/views.js and find the part where there are checks for navigator.userAgent

eg

navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i)

and add an option to check for the particular tablet being used.

If detected correctly you should be able to get it to render the edit view page as isIE6 - which gives you the radio buttons rather than drag n drop.

Cheers

Robert

Account deleted

30 May 2014, 11:05

Any progress on this? With the increased amount of windows 8 tablets being rolled out, i would think this would be a high priortiy fix for mahara?

I tried the above edit to views.js but couldnt get it to work, is there a specific term i should be using for windows 8 & 8rt?

Robert Lyon's profile picture

30 May 2014, 13:36

Hi Mathew,

I've added a potential patch for this to the demo.mahara.org site - as I've no windows 8 tablet to test with I will need the community (ie you or others) to test to see if it has made any difference.

If it does then I will make a patch to backport it to earlier versions of
Mahara

Cheers

Robert

8 results