Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Open Badges plugin

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 March 2014, 9:00

Hi,

I am happy to announce that we have released  the Open Badge Factory's issuer plugin for Mahara. This plugin makes possible for Open Badge Factory's users to issue their badges in groups.

You will find the OBF Mahara plugin's code from: https://github.com/discendum

Instructions: https://openbadgefactory.com/doc/obf-mahara_ohje_EN.pdf

If you want to use this plugin, you need to register:

https://openbadgefactory.com/about/getstarted

During the pilot period of OBF (to the end of 2014) you can register for free. A free user level will be provided after the pilot period, so it's possible to use OBF for free now and in the future.

If you are interested in issuing your badges in Mahara and Moodle, notice that we have also a plugin for Moodle (same github). Here are the instructions for Moodle: https://openbadgefactory.com/doc/obf-moodle_ohje_EN.pdf

The OBF open API makes possible for developers to develop plugins for their own systems. We are now working on the API documentation. It will be published at the beginning of April in our site.

All feedback and comments are welcome!

Best,

Eric Rousselle

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 March 2014, 16:42

Hello Eric,

This sounds fantastic! Thank you for sharing. We'll see that we can take a look (release of Mahara 1.9 permitting over the next few weeks).

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

24 March 2014, 23:25

Hello Kristina,

Thank you, I hope that our plugin will be useful for the community and all feedback will be much appreciated. We will check that both Open Badges displayer and issuer plugins work fine with the 1.9 version.

Best,

Eric

08 June 2014, 21:20

Hello Eric,

Sorry for the late reply. Robert had a look at the plugin and installed it for me to test on a live site. It already looks great. There are a few changes though that we would suggest to make it more usability friendlier. Shall we have a chat sometime to see what your plans are for the plugin and what we found so far?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

09 June 2014, 3:41

Hi Kristina,

Yes it would be great to have a chat and hear more about your suggestions. At the same time I could tell you about our plans concerning OBF and the Mahara plugin. Are you participating to the MaharaUK2014?  I will be in Brighton one day before the conference starts. But its  also possible to have a videoconference in June, for example the 10, 11, 12, 13.6., 23.6. woud be fine for us.

Cheers,

Eric

PS: We can fix a meeting time by email. My address is: [email protected]

10 June 2014, 7:54

Hello Eric,

I'm not going to Mahara UK this year, but Aaron will be there. I sent you a mail re meeting virtually beforehand.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

09 October 2014, 11:57

I have just installed these plugins for an educational institute I am administering.

While the obf-moodle plugin is working and we have had no problems with it, The obf-mahara plugin isn't appearing in the menu (Badges).

The openbadges displayer plugin is also installed, is there some prerequisites I am missing that aren't mentioned in the install instructions?

There does not seem to be much information available around this plugin so I hope you don't mind me asking here.

Account deleted

09 October 2014, 20:54

Hi James!

I just tried a clean install with Mahara 1.9 without any problems. What are the versions of Mahara and PHP you're using? Are you using the administration panel with the institution admin role?

02 November 2014, 17:33

Hello James,

Did you enable the plugin in Administration -> Extensions -> Plugin administration?

Cheers

Kristina

16 December 2014, 7:35

Hello James,

Apparently, you will need to have an institution set up and also be a member of that institution as site admin in order to see the menu item in the administration. That's a bug in the plugin. Normally, site admins have access to everything in the institution. A quick fix would be to add all your users to a new institution (and not use the default "No institution") and then set up the OBF token.

Cheers

Kristina

12 results