Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Modifying default user profile page

Ben Yardy's profile picture

13 February 2014, 22:58

Hi

Can we make the profile page by default display the "About Me" ?

Thank you

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 February 2014, 8:03

Hello Ben,

There is no easy way yet to add a block to the default profile page on the front end. Apparently, the "root" user who has the ID 0 is the one that decides what appears on the profile and dashboard pages. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to log in as that user to make changes to the profile page that would then serve as the new profile page. Maybe somebody knows how to do that. I tried resetting my password, but since the user did not have some other artefacts in place, I only got error messages.

An alternative is that you find the place in the code that defines which blocks appear on the profile page per default.

I filed a wishlist item to for a frontend solution: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1281741

Cheers

Kristina

Lilian HUGUES's profile picture

07 March 2015, 6:04

Hi,

I'm also looking for a solution to change the default layout of the user profil page (for example to add stuff from CV) without modifying the core.

It doesn't seems to be possible to do this throught theme (the way i do to personnalise menu for each institution).

Icing on the cake, it woold be wonderfull if we can configure it separatelly for each institution.

I'll continue to invesigate and I'll get back to you if I've found  a way to do it.

Regards

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 March 2015, 18:21

Hello Lilian,

In Mahara 1.10 you can change the default profile page, dashboard and group homepage. This would go for all new user accounts.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results