Forums | Mahara Community

Support /

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 February 2014, 1:33

Hi all

I have what might be a niaive question but here it is!

I am running Mahara 1.8.1 and all is fine except that users do not receive email notifications of messages even with email enabled. The admin (me) does receive messages sent by users (not from the contact us form) using the send message function.

Elements such as rss feeds update and the admin page suggests that cron is running normally. I have cron set up with easycron.com but when i run it manually all i get in the output window is this:

"HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 12:27:27 GMT
Server: Apache
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
Set-Cookie: mahara=0e4efe290a58c07a570baeccb195b6bc; path=/; HttpOnly
Content-Length: 0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8"

Is this correct? It seems as if it not running any jobs!

can anyone help?

Si

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 February 2014, 8:25

Hello Si,

Did you have a look at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Cron_Job and make sure you have it set up as suggested? I don't know if Mahara is able to work with EasyCron. It might be worthwhile setting it up the traditional way and checking if that works first.

If you go to the admin homepage, you will see if the cron is running normally or not in the box on "Mahara site information".

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

19 February 2014, 21:32

Thank you for your reply Kristina.

I have indeed looked at the page you suggested and tried the options it provides. The wiki does indicate that cron jobs on Mahara can be triggered using easycron. Easycron itself suggests that the job runs successfully but just doesn't show any output other than that in my earlier post. My Mahara admin page indicates that cron is running normally.

The site appears to be functioning correctly except that it doesn't send email notifications of messages other than those using the "contact us" form.

I will try the more conventional approach again and see if anything changes, otherwise to be honest, I can live without the notifications :)

Thank you again

Si

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 February 2014, 3:28

Hello Si,

Cron does not only take care of messages but also a few other things like showing the correct version of Mahara in the admin area, generating the statistics etc. if I remember correctly. Thus, it would be good if it ran. I hope you can get it to work.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

20 February 2014, 6:40

Thank you Kristina

Stats display as I would expect and admin info looks right so perhaps it is running just not producing any output reports!

I'll let you know  :)

Si

5 results