Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara 1.8.1, IE9 and YouTube

Andy Dalrymple's profile picture

29 January 2014, 3:45

Hi,

I'm having issues inserting/editing YouTube videos into Mahara (v 1.8.1) in Internet Explorer (v 9.0.8112.16421). Works fine in Firefox. Good old IE!

I can insert a YouTube video (using the External Media blocktype) with no problem.

As soon as I go to edit the same block, the original YouTube video overlays the edit screen. This is the same no matter what type of content is added. (See screen below).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Anita Bridgman's profile picture

29 January 2014, 10:41

Hi Andy

We are having exactly the same problem.  Mahara 1.8.0 with IE9 and IE10.  No problems at all with Chrome or Firefox.  We not long ago upgraded for 1.6 and we didnt have this problem then.

No matter what we do that YouTube clip just stays at the front of the page.  I asked our web designer about it and he suggested we add "&wmode=transparent" at the end of the URL but this didnt fix the problem.

I also just tested on the mahara.org demo site and had the same problem  - maybe its a bug with 1.8?  Anyone else in the same boat or has ideas?

Thanks - Anita

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 January 2014, 14:34

Hello Andy and Anita,

Sorry for the problem. I created a bug report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1273911

Cheers

Kristina

Andy Dalrymple's profile picture

29 January 2014, 22:08

Brilliant, thanks Kristina Laughing

Andy

Marius Jugariu's profile picture

30 January 2014, 0:21

Same problem with 1.8.1

Internet Explorer - The number one browser for downloading a better browser!

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 February 2014, 15:10

Looks like this is fixed in IE11 (Windows 8.1, latest 1.9.0dev)  - I can't reproduce the problem. Having said that, IE9-10 are going to be widely used for a long time yet so I'll look into fixing this.

6 results