Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Bulk Delete

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 December 2013, 8:46

I need to bulk delete a bunch of spammer accounts out of Mahara 1.8.1 for a school.  The documentation says to use User Search then use Edit button for bulk actions.

http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.8/administration/users.html

However the user list does not contain the checkbox All/None options.  I can't check any users for bulk actions. 

I'm logged in as admin and appear to have access to all other site settings.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 December 2013, 12:58

Hello Dean,

You will need to tick the users that you wish to delete on the User Search page (step one of the instructions) before you click the Edit button. The bulk actions page will then only display those users that you wish to perform the action on.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

22 December 2013, 16:51

My problem is that I can't do step one of the instructions because there are no tick boxes on my User Search page.  See the following image.

http://www.sd73.bc.ca/images/mahara_user_search.png

23 December 2013, 9:16

Hello Dean,

The checkboxes are to the right of "Last login". I don't know what's going on there for you because institution and site admins do always see the check boxes whereas staff members don't. However, a staff member doesn't unless they have access to the repors, but when they do, they see the check boxes.

I'm afraid I don't know what's happening on your instance as I am not able to reproduce the issue.

Can you try to take away admin access for your user and then give it to the user again (ensure that you have another site admin account available before you do that). Maybe something weird is going on with your permissions.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

24 December 2013, 5:26

I created a new Site Administrator and reset the old admin account.  Neither of them have check boxes to the right of "Last Login".

24 December 2013, 8:18

Hello Dean,

Mhh. I don't know what the issue could be. Now troubleshooting that might become quite tricky without any access to your site, but let's see if some more information about your site might give a developer an idea.

Can you please let us know which version of Mahara you are using, which operating system and database (MySQL, Postgres) and whether it's been a new site or whether you've upgraded? If you upgraded, did you have the checkboxes in your previous version?

Thank you

Kristina

24 December 2013, 14:33

Hello Dean,

One last idea: Do you maybe have a sidebar overlapping the table? Some themes restrict the width and if you have a custom theme then that might get into the way. It might help to have a screenshot of the entire page and not just the extract.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

26 December 2013, 6:01

I found a hack/workaround by disabling nojs-hidden-table-cell.

Right click on the Last Login=>inspect element.

Click the hidden td under it.

Disable the display: none.

http://www.sd73.bc.ca/images/mahara_hack.png

8 results