Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Can a profile page belong to 2 collections? Child Collections?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 December 2013, 6:05

I was wondiering if a page could belong to two collections or if there is a concept of child collectoins?  A collection seems to be tabs to a bunch of pages.  This is what I am trying to to do:

I have 5 main parts:

1. US Constitution
  2. War of 1812
  3. Going West
  4. Civil Rights

Each of those sections has a bunch of pages of its own, for example US Consitution would have:

1. 13 Colonies
  2. 3 Branches of the govt.
  3. Consitutional Convention

I can see having a main page that has a block for each of the main sections.  Kind of like a home page on a website.  But when I select "US Constitution, its home-page I want to see the sub-sections for the US Constitution.  But I also want to be able to provide links to ther other main sections.

If I just created a collection called "US History", I could put in the title pages for each of my main sections.  But then when I am in the sub-section US Constitution, I would want the US Constitution title page to be the main page, and then have only its assoicated pages as the main links.  So I would need the title pages to appear in 2 collections:  the main collection of only title a pages and the topic collection where the title page would be the main page.

I hope that I explained that in a way that others can understand it.

Melissa

1 result