Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Blank Screen after Transferring Site

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 December 2013, 6:27

Hi,

I had to move my mahara installation to a new server, but now I'm getting a blank screen.  Nothing in the error log or source code. Do I need to change something in the database aswell? The maharadata folder is writable and outside the root.

Mahara: 1.7.2

PHP: 5.3

Aaron Wells's profile picture

13 December 2013, 12:53

Hi Sam,

If you haven't seen it already, try the advice under the section "I moved my Mahara installation..." on this page: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=680

Cheers,

Aaron

Account deleted

14 December 2013, 0:20

Hi, 

I did this - 

UPDATE config SET value = '[new-wwwroot]' WHERE field = 'wwwroot'; 

and this:

Run this SQL: DELETE FROM config WHERE field LIKE 'openssl%';

But the screen is still blank and I can't get into the netwoking page to do the key part. Are there any other links you can point me to that might help?

Account deleted

17 December 2013, 1:49

I tried to install Mahara again on my server with a fresh install and clean database, I'm still getting a blank sceen. Any ideas? Could it be my config setting? 

Account deleted

17 December 2013, 2:01

The error log from my server says this:

[Mon Dec 16 12:58:31 2013] [warn] [client 185.7.185.230] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare plural_en_utf8() (previously declared in /var/www/vhosts/website.eu/eportxx.com/lang/en.utf8/langconfig.php:58) in /var/www/vhosts/website.eu/eportxx.com/lang/en.utf8/langconfig.php on line 60

Kevin Rickis's profile picture

17 December 2013, 2:45

Hi Sam,

Steven Barritt has posted a workaround for this issue here (Cannot redeclare plural_en_utf8)

Hope this helps.

Kevin

17 December 2013, 12:29

Specifically, the workaround that seems to work the best is this one: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4665&offset=0#post24779

I've been wanting to figure out what causes this particular error, because I've been unable to replicate it. I notice Sam's error message mentions "mod_fgci", which I believe is the "FastCGI" module. I wonder if that might be the cause of the problem -- perhaps FastCGI is doing something non-standard with the include() statement and/or with static variable lifetime...

Can you tell me also Sam, which operating system and web server are you using? That might help me figure out the cause of this bug.

Cheers,

Aaron

Account deleted

18 December 2013, 2:05

I got it working by commenting out these lines in langconfig.php

//$string['pluralrule'] = 'n != 1';
//$string['pluralfunction'] = 'plural_en_utf8';
//function plural_en_utf8($n) {
// return (int) $n != 1;
//}

I'm using a virtual server - Apache, PHP 5.3.3, Parallels Plesk Panel 11.5

18 December 2013, 10:58

Hi Sam,

The downside to doing it that way, is that some pluralized language strings won't work properly. That's why the preferred method is to edit that "include()" statement in mahara.php into an "include_once()" statement.

Cheers,

Aaron

9 results