Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Come to NZ in March: Mahara conference 2014

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 September 2013, 17:38

Hello,

The wait is over. We will finally have the first Mahara conference in March 2014 in lovely late summer New Zealand. The conference is not just for us living in the Southern hemisphere, but everyone is invited to come to Wellington (to escape winter in the northern hemisphere ;-) ).

We are still working on the details incl. exact dates (but hey, NZ is really nice so why not spend a couple of weeks here before / after the conference ;-) ), call for papers etc. Please bear with us. We had our first planning meeting only today.

However, we would like to know if you were interested in a hackfest after the conference as well. We are thinking of a 1.5-2-day conference plus 2 days of hackfest. The hackfest would be for those interested in getting involved in the development of Mahara, fixing bugs, writing features, helping with testing etc.

What do you think?

Cheers

Kristina

10 September 2013, 17:52

Hi Kristina,

Great idea. Wish you all the success this moot deserves.

March is busy month for me so I will have to decline the invitation to come back to NZ. I think that academic holidays in Europe are normaly in (mid)April. But maybe you will also organise distance-conf together with f2f partcipation.

Bravo and good luck with the organisation of this event.

Cheers,

-dajan

Aaron Wells's profile picture

11 September 2013, 13:08

Well, I'll be around for the hackfest of course. Wink

Wullie's profile picture

11 September 2013, 22:23

I'd love to come, but it's a long way from Scotland. Now to start bugging my bosses 'til they say yes ;)

Oh, and I like the idea of the hackfest too - would be good to meet the development team etc.. and share ideas.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 October 2013, 17:17

HI Katrina,

Fabulous News! I might even have to come out of retirement for that one. Love to be in NZ in late summer! Just need someone to sponsor my travel/accomm costs. (she says wishing she had  benefactor).

Carole

Anne Stevens's profile picture

14 November 2013, 9:56

Sounds great.

Happy to show show the work we have been doing with Nursing portfolios from Graduate to Designated Senior Nurse.

We have previously used Moodle as a space for ePortfolios and have adapted both process and organisationally as we progressed and improved, refined over the last 5 years.

Some good lessons learnt and the odd unexpected outcome!

Transferring this process to Mahara has proved huge benefits in efficiency and easy of which the users can demonstrate their competencies.

Anne

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 November 2013, 11:51

Hello Anne,

This sounds great!

Cheers

Kristina

7 results