Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Moodle mahara integration

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 August 2013, 18:51

i have integrated moodle and mahara lastest versions.i want to register user from mahara and their profile should availble to moodle admin.can any one help me .is it possible ?

if so can some one tell me how to do it?

any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ayesha

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 August 2013, 21:32

Hello Ayesha,

Which way did you go with the authentication? Is Moodle your starting point (as described in the Mahoodle guide) or do you SSO from Mahara to Moodle?

The best way - and the one which offers you most flexibility - is setting up Moodle as the main instance and connecting to Mahara. That way you cannot only use the SSO part but also transfer portfolio content over to Mahara.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 August 2013, 1:39

Dear Kristina,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Yes moodle is my starting point. I do have followed same sort of tutorials as you have mentioned. And I am able to transfer portfolio content over to Mahara. But my problem that I address above is different.

I'll be thankful to you if you kindly provide me any assistance.

Regards,

Ayesha

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 August 2013, 7:52

Hello Ayesha,

So do you mean you have users in Moodle that can go to Mahara without problems, but then you have users on Mahara only that you now want to allow to also have an account in Moodle?

If that is the case, you could go with the SSO the other way: Mahara -> Moodle, but that would not allow them to transfer their content from Moodle to Mahara eventually.

It will be better if you set them up with an account in Moodle and then link the Moodle account to their Mahara account via the "remoteuser" / username for external authentication. You can find some information on how to do that at http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.7/administration/users.html#change-the-authentication-method-and-remote-username-in-bulk

Cheers

Kristina

4 results