Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Secondary authentication (using Mahoodle)

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 August 2013, 2:16

Hi all,

We have Mahara and Moodle working succesfully together with SSO from Moode -> Mahara.

We also have LDAP authentication for Mahara. Our users use LDAP for Moodle too, so the login is the same for both authentication types.

The problem I've noticed is this:Users who access Mahara for the first time via Moodle SSO have the authentication method in their account set to XMLRPC. If they then try to log in directly to Mahara, they are rejected. They can only login via Moodle, even though the login credentials for XMLRPC are identical to those for LDAP.

In my institution's list of authentication methods, I have set the order as follows:

• XMLRPC
  • LDAP
  • Internal

Swapping the order of the first two doesn't help.

I presumed that there was a fall-through process at work, so that if authentication method 1 failed, method 2 would be tried, etc. That doesn't seem to be the case, though the Internally authenticated accounts are still working OK.

So:

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?

Is it a bug or a feature? ;)

Is there any way to enable fall-through authentication which I haven't spotted?

Thanks!

Mike

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 August 2013, 0:55

Hmm, the Moodle - Mahara Forum would have been more appropriate for this... I will copy it across to there.

Mike

A post by Account deleted was deleted

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 August 2013, 17:28

For future reference: Please see https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5613&post=24168 for further discussion.

5 results