Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Moodle Mahara integration

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 June 2013, 21:24

I am trying to integrate Mahara into Moodle. I have uploaded the Mahara files onto the server but I am not sure about a number of things, mainly relating to the config.php file and the file paths.

When I use the URL online.gowrietraining.com/mahara I get a white page with the following:

Index of /mahara

Alternatively, if I use the URL online.gowrietraining.com/maharadata I get the following:

Index of /maharadata

Do you think you would be able to help me to get Mahara working properly?

15 June 2013, 22:33

Dear Anne,

Do you host the web site on your onw server or have you a ISP (Internet Services Provider) hosting it for you ?

-dajan

Account deleted

15 June 2013, 23:36

The site is hosted by a hosting company but I have Administrator rights. The hosting company will not assist me with this task.

Cheers
Anne

16 June 2013, 1:09

Hello Again,

My point of view is your should check first your server installation. It is not recommended that your server shows the files of a folder when and URL is called for a folder without index.php ou index.html.

Second you have to copy all the files present in the htdoc folder into your mahara folder

Third check the rights and the owner of your web and maharadata folders. Nobody should be able to access your maharadata folder, this for security reasons.

-dajan

Account deleted

16 June 2013, 2:25

Hello Again

I am not at all technical so I don't understand about file structure and so on. I tried to upload a screenshot of my website file structure to show you but I was not successful as I don't think I got the file path correct.

The current file structure is roughtly:

online.gowrietraining.com
mahara
      htdocs
          index.php
maharadata

So with the Mahara config.php file I  currently have the following;

$CFG->wwwroot   = 'http://online.gowrietraining.com';
$CFG->dataroot  = '/maharadata';
$CFG->admin     = 'admin';

What, if anything, needs to be changed in the config.php file to ensure that the index.php file is called?

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Anne

16 June 2013, 21:45

Hello,

First of all, I would advise you to not learn how to install Mahara, with limited knowledge, on a production server but increase your skills on a test server. I personally also had to learn by my self and I had to start the whole server installation from scratch more than once before I understood what I was doing.

Two first thing you have to start with :

1. Move the content of your htdocs folder into your mahara folder
  2. Your maharadata folder must be outside of your root web server folder

If you are running your server on Unix your structure should be as follow :

/var/www/mahara/your-mahara-files-and-folders

/var/maharadata/

It is possible that your root web folder is htdocs, if so, your path must be :

/var/www/htdocs/mahara/your-mahara-files-and-folders

-dajan

6 results