Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Theme images not displaying

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 June 2013, 22:22

I  have Mahara 1.7 installed but none of the images or icons from any of the themes are being displayed. uploaded images do display in portfolio pages though.

Update:

This also includes icons for any text editing.

Thanks

Paul

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 June 2013, 8:08

Hello Paul,

This sounds like your theme folder is not readable correctly. Did you check the folder permissions?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

11 June 2013, 21:11

File permissions are set to 755 which should be okay. The icons from the html/page editor are not displaying either and I don't think these are located in the theme folders.

Could there be something I've missed in the config.php or another file?

Account deleted

11 June 2013, 23:14

I created a new database and installed v1.4 and it does the same. I really need to resolve this as I have a class of 30 lecturers that I will be doing a workshop with. If they can't see any icons in the page editor or the drag and drop etc then they are not going to be able to use mahara at all and I will be forced to switch to pebblepad.

I did have version of 1.4 running ok last year buy don't know why this happening now.

Thanks

Paul

Account deleted

13 June 2013, 0:33

I've solved this now. FTP software was transfering on ASCII only.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 June 2013, 20:50

Hello Paul,

Great that you could find the root of the cause. I would have never guessed that.

All the best for your workshop.

Cheers

Kristina

13 June 2013, 23:00

Haha,

I already had this problem once, years ago. You never said you were using ftp. But even tho I don't think I would have thought about this (I use ssh for most of the actions on my personal server). Something to jot down somewhere and to remember in the future.

So happy you have found the the problem and found a cure.

Regards,

-dajan

A post by Account deleted was deleted

8 results