Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
GoogleApps - can't edit

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

06 June 2013, 22:37

I've always used the GoogleApps block before to share calendars without giving edit access.  I've spent a couple of days trying to get GoogleDocs working, using documents and spreadsheets.  I can view in Mahara but not edit.

I have published the documents, to anyone with the link, giving editing rights.  I have tried different browsers, PC, laptops, operating systems.  If I send the link by email, the document can be edited.  If I use the GoogleApps block in Mahara, the document can be viewed but not edited.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm just wondering how to pinpoint the problem - could it be our firewall?

Regards

Marion

07 June 2013, 3:30

A wee update.  By adding Google Drive to the list of accepted iFrame sources, what I want to do works using a Text block, ie edit a document.  (I had previously had docs.google.com instead of drive.google.com).

Still can't edit using the GoogleApps block.

Regards

Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 June 2013, 15:53

Hello Marion,

This sounds to me very much like Google having changed its API yet again esp. when it worked before. At some point we want to deprecate the GoogleApps block because it is very laborintense to keep up to date with Google's changes whereas it is much easier to change the iframe if necessary.

I created a bug so we can discuss which way to go.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1189073

Cheers

Kristina

10 June 2013, 21:56

Yes, I can see your position.  It's unfortunate because I thought the GoogleApps block was exactly what I needed to push to our staff for observational assessment (loads of checklists).  I'm loathe to get them to do iFrame although I have found an iFrame generator.

Regards

Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 June 2013, 8:09

Hello Marion,

You don't need an iFrame generator to create Google Docs code. There is always an iFrame provided either as the only option or as an alternative.

Cheers

Kristina

A post by Account deleted was deleted

6 results