Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Customizing Group Default Pages

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 May 2013, 22:21

I am just getting started with mahara and am looking to extend/customize the groups plugin.  The initial goal is to have some default content in each new group, for example to have an initial page already created populated with default contents (text, blocks).  

How do you recommend I get started with adding something like this, creating a new plugin based off groups, insert a little page creation snippet somewhere, etc?  

Thanks, any pointers to get the engine started are much appreciated.  

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 June 2013, 18:23

Hello Nathaniel,

Sorry for the long wiat for an answer. If you want to have certain default content in each group, you could customize the core code and include / exclude certain blocks on the group homepage and / or create a new page with certain content upon group creation.

I don't think you'll need to create an entirely new group plugin. If you wish to be able to make changes from the frontend instead of editing code all the time, some admin settings in the groups plugin could be the way to go so that you decide there what settings your new groups should have. That is going to be more involved than customizing the core code, but might be nicer for the future as it is more flexible.

Cheers

Kristina

2 results