Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Potential Bug: About page not created when a group is made

Yaju Mahida's profile picture

17 May 2013, 17:20

Hi we are preparing Mahara 1.7.x release for our instituion and encountered the same behaviour described at About page not created when a group is made [solved] after upgrading from 1.5.x to 1.7.x  on Test server. We have fixed the issue by applying the solution described in the above forum posting.

I wanted to post on the above solved forum but it only allows moderators and group administrator so posting it here.

We investigated this issue and found that before upgrading to 1.7, the 1.5 installation had root user with id '0'. And after the upgrade the ID was altered as the last user id - 1556! This is strange and pretty sure that something in the upgrade is causing this issue.

Please, we believe that this is a bug that causes this issue.

22 May 2013, 11:29

I assume no one has noticed this post

Aaron Wells's profile picture

22 May 2013, 13:20

Yep, this one must have slipped past me. Thanks for the info, this should help in seeing if we can reproduce & fix the issue.

What database are you using, by the way, MySQL or Postgres?

Cheers,
Aaron

Aaron Wells's profile picture

22 May 2013, 14:48

Hm, doing a git diff of 1.5_STABLE and 1.7_STABLE, I don't see any code that's obviously updating the "id" column of the "usr" table. Could this be caused by the database backup/restore process you used to make a copy of your database for testing? Like, since the automated part of the sequence starts at 1, it thinks that the 0 there means no value and replaces it with the latest?

Cheers,
Aaron

22 May 2013, 16:10

Hi Aaron thanks very much for the reply. I also compared them and investigated the upgrade and couldn't find anything that updates the "ID". That's why I posted it here.

I will do some testing with the upgrade and will get back to you.

5 results