Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Annotations in files not exported

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 May 2013, 21:47

I wonder if anyone else has come across this oddity.  Student submits file in Moodle (v.2.3) assignment activity 2.2 (note not the new one). Student's original file is returned with annotations (Word track changes) from marker. When the annotated file is exported it arrives as it should in the student's incoming folder in Mahara v.1.6.  However, when the file is opened the annotations have disappeared.

Has anyone else experienced this?  It's unfortunate as we are trying to encourage students to keep their marked assessments to use to improve their learning.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 May 2013, 16:19

Hello Duncan,

Did you check that the student can actually see tracked changes in general? Sometimes I think you might have to enable that first. I once had a document where I knew changes had been made, but I needed to click the "Track changes" button once or twice to see them.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 May 2013, 20:57

Yes can confirm that track changes exists in the document and can be viewed when opening the document from within Moodle and when downloaded from Moodle.

I did notice that because two feedback files had been returned into Moodle the first file had the words export to portfolio and the icon while the second file, the Word document, had only the export icon and not the words - export to portfolio.

The annotated Word document is named the same as the original file and it does look a little as if the original file is the one that is exported even though the student is clicking the export icon.
3 results