Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
No link "sso" in the login form

20 April 2013, 0:22

Hello,

I have a problem. i have done an institution in my mahara 1.6.1 and set it for working with Cas SSO. The auth work fine with the url http://mymahara/auth/cas but I would like that on the home page the link for connect to SSO be present with the login form, like this for example:

Login form

But I don't find how to do this, can you help me please?

cordialy

Aaron Wells's profile picture

22 April 2013, 10:56

Hi Carole,

Patrick Pollet's CAS plugin doesn't automatically put a CAS login link on the front page. See step 7 in the README file for the plugin for the author's suggestions about how to add the link: https://github.com/patrickpollet/mahara_plugin_auth_cas/blob/master/README#L77 Smile

Cheers,
Aaron

Edits to this post:

22 April 2013, 17:51

Hello Carole,

I have replied in the French forum where you have placed this question at first.

Regards,

-dajan

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 April 2013, 0:07

@Carole,

As stated in the README file two quicks ways to add a link to auth/cas/index.php is to edit the front page or to add a sitewide link , public to login via CAS so it will disappear automatically when logged in 

But the cleanest way is for sure to customize the default template used in the sideblock login .

Here is a simple example where I added a link below the standard connexion box 

To do this create a folder named for example insalyon  in htdocs/theme directory and create the following 3 subfolders 

insalyon/static/images   insalyon/static/style  insalyon/templates/sideblocks

Copy in this folder the file theme/sunset/themeconfig.php and edit it to specify the display name (eg 'INSA Lyon' ) and its parent theme (normally 'default' )  

Copy the file theme/raw/templates/sideblocks/login.tpl into theme/insalyon/templates/sideblocks/login.tpl and add the  line  marked in bold 

<div class="sidebar-header"><h3>{str tag="login"}{contextualhelp plugintype='core' pluginname='core' section='loginbox'}</h3></div>
<div class="sidebar-content">
<noscript><p>{str tag="javascriptnotenabled"}</p></noscript>

<div id="loginform_container">

{$sbdata.loginform|safe}

<a href="auth/cas/index.php"> Utilisateurs INSA </a>
</div>
</div>

This trick can be used to override any Mahara template by providing a 'tpl' file with the same name and at the same location as the original one (located in theme/raw/templates/... 

You may also put a personnalized site logo in static/images/

You may also customize  some CSS ....

You should get something like this ;

insalyon/
├── static
│   ├── images
│   │   └── site-logo.png
│   └── style
│   ├── admin.css
│   └── style.css
├── templates
│   └── sideblocks
│   └── login.tpl
└── themeconfig.php

Now visit your site administration and set the thème to INSA Lyon

Of course you can also improve my login template by adding a button, or some image  or even remove the regular login/password boxes (remove {$sbdata.loginform|safe} ) if you site in 100% CAS ;-)

You can always get in your site as an  admin by calling  http://tyourmahara/auth/cas/admin/login.php 

Cheers 

07 May 2013, 1:09

thanks a lot for your answers. It works fine.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 May 2013, 10:35

Content que t y soit arrivée ...
Il faudrait quand même qu''on contribue à la doc de mahara :-)

A+
6 results