Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahoodle Approach - Help needed

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 March 2013, 21:32

Hello All,

I am a newbie into this forum. I would like to get some help on my new project. My client wants  a framework for their education institution. The requirement basically is

A portfolio of students / teachers + interaction between students / teachers that enable validation / grade marking of assignement / project works. Teachers can validate the works of students and etc.

I can explain the whole requirement if it needed here.

Now the question I have is. .which approach I should consider for integration ??

1. From moodle to Mahara ?

OR

2 . From Mahara to Moodle ??

What are the version of Moodle / Mahara which are best compatible ?

I am planning to use mahara 1.6 with moodle 2.3.6 / moodle 2.4.3

which version of moodle is better and stable?

pls help me.

18 March 2013, 23:41

Hello Jeevan,

For your project, you should consider keeping Moodle as the learning center for your students. You will teach and evaluate students results in Moodle. Moodle is designed for this.

Mahara will then become a satelite of your Moodle installation and will communicate with Moolde. You will be able to store skills evidences from Moodle's activities and send pages from Mahara to Moodle's assessments tools, and store results into the gradebook and manage the outcomes.

The version of Moodle and Mahara you suggest to use are fine.

I recommand you have a look to a project made by the University of Rennes in France called "Le livret de l'interne" (see http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7A6F10DACD21A649).

Best wishes,

Dominique-Alain JAN

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 March 2013, 0:54

@Dominique-Alain JAN

thank you very much for this informative response. I will follow as what you said and I will get back for further help needed.

3 results