Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Pictures fail to display in Journal Entries

Greg Thomson's profile picture

24 February 2013, 22:52

Greetings.

First time poster to these forums so please tell me if I'm going about things the wrong way.

Using Mahara 1.6

I'm able to create a journal entry and add images in both of the normal ways: from URL and file uploaded to Mahara. However after I save the entry the images fail to display. If I go back and edit the entry the images are visable, just not after it's saved.

Could this be a Mahara / server configuration issue or should I be looking at filing a bug report?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 February 2013, 16:20

Hi Greg,

Do the journal posts have only images, or is there text too?

There was a bug a while back where if a journal post only had an image, it would strip it out.

Thanks,
Melissa

25 February 2013, 23:09

Hi Melisa,

The journal posts have a mix of both images and text.

The text displays after saving but the images don't.

Puzzling isn't it....

Cheers,

Greg

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 March 2013, 10:57

Hi Greg,

Does this happen for every user or also on another Mahara instance? It sounds like it happens for both uploaded images and images linked via URL, right?

Do images that you linked via URL display elsewhere on Mahara, e.g. in a textbox?

Can you please check that "Disable external resources in HTML" does not have a check mark?

Cheers

Kristina

04 March 2013, 22:26

Thank you Kristina.

I checked with out server admin and "Disable external resources in HTML" does indeed seem to have been the problem. 

I'm glad it was as simple as a configuration setting and not a bug.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Greg

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 March 2013, 23:08

Yippie, Greg. Great that this was the cause the issue and could eventually be solved quickly.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results