Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Import files from other systems into student portfolios

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 February 2013, 0:30

Hi all, it's my first time posting to this forum although I've been lurking for a good couple of years now! Please be gentle with me!

Does anyone know if this is possible:

We've been running Mahara in the School of Dentistry, Cardiff University, for over 2 years now. On our dental clinics we've got a Data Information Management system (Salud) which records all patient treatment, student grades and feedback. We are able to generate reports per student from this system and the students can then upload these reports into their portfolios. But it's all rather clunky and cumbersome.

Is there a way that these files could be automatically imported into the Mahara system, into the students own My Files area? With minimal effort and intervention? Or can anyone think of a better way of getting these reports into students portfolios? Or am I hoping for too much!

Cheers

Clare

Don Presant's profile picture

23 February 2013, 1:27

Hmmm... talking purely off the top of my head, could the Web Services plug-in be used for this? Depends on what protocols Salud supports (not a lot of detail on their site, just irritating animations), and there would need to be a relationship between the user accounts on both systems, if there isn't already.

I hope this helps as a starting point. I'd be interested in hearing the outcome. It's similar to how Moodle can export to eportfolio.

2 results