Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Cloud plugin

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 January 2013, 1:41

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for all your great work on this, I know it will be very useful.

I had the same issue as Gordon with Dropbox - blank screen when authorizing.
I figured out that the values being returned from dropbox were including extra information before the oauth_token_secret value, so the values saved in the db were incorrect.

I think this happens when the site is behind a web proxy, as I didn't have that issue from a site without a web proxy. It's possible to overcome this issue by parsing out the required values. e.g. this worked for me as a quick fix in the Dropbox request_token function:

$body  = substr($result->data, $result->info['header_size']);
                $body = substr($body, strpos($body, 'oauth'));
                $prefs = oauth_parse_str($body);

A more comprehensive check would be better though.

I had some other issues too - e.g. when saving an image from my dropbox to Mahara, I got a 403 error when trying to view or embed the image, though the file seemed to save OK. I haven't looked into that yet.

I'm also getting js errors when trying to Manage my Dropbox account on the site behind the web proxy.

If you want to upload the plugin to a GIT repository I would be happy to contribute.

Best wishes,

Mike

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

11 January 2013, 7:54

Hi Mike.

Any help is welcome, since I won't have much time next two or three weeks.

The plugin is already in GitHub: https://github.com/anzeljg/mahara-cloud/

HTH, Gregor

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 November 2014, 11:55

Hi Gregor,

Just wondering if you are still maintaining this plugin, or if it's been replaced with something else? The ability to embed code in Mahara using iFrames is great but does require a small learning curve (albeit a small one). 

Being able to drag a (for eg) a Ondedrive artefact onto a page, choose a file, and have the system embed it for you (using the safe iFrames feature?) would be really neat.

Thanks,

Shane.

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

21 November 2014, 23:33

Shane hi.

Yes I'm still maintaining it and I am currently in the proceess of reviewing code, since there were a little glitches on various places...

Safe iFrame code? What do you mean?

Regards, Gregor

Ralph Ballier's profile picture

27 February 2018, 10:49

Hello Gregor,

I use mahara 17.10. The connection with your plugin to Dropbox works. But it's only possible for me to download files to my own file store. When I try to integrate Dropbox files directly into pages, they are sometimes seen first, and later they are no longer visible. Then I get the error message "HTTP status: 400 Bad Request" when I call the page.

What can I do?

Thanks

Ralph

Sonia  Coiro's profile picture

19 December 2019, 8:18

Hi Gregor, Just wondering if you are still maintaining this plugin? We're interested and using mahara 18.10  and soon/next 19.10.

Greetings, Sonia 

16 results