Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
SSO to Mahara suddenly dysfunctional

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 December 2012, 5:06

Hi,

we've got a sudden problem with our Moodle-Mahara integration which has worked quite nicely before.

As a Moodle admin, I can go over to Mahara without any problems. If I try that as a "normal" user (or one of my students...), it doesn't work. I get Mahara saying

E-Portfolio MZ Jena: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

Users that have before used SSO to Mahara don't seem to have that problem, but the ones who use SSO for the first time. If I check Mahara's user lists as an admin, however, I find that the users have been generated. Weird...

Apache / MySQL produce a number of error logs, you'll find it here. Apache runs on Ubuntu server.

Moodle is 2.2.6+, Mahara 1.6.2

Any suggestions? We'd be grateful for any hint.

Thanks, Uwe

12 December 2012, 20:46

Hello Uwe,

I also have noticed this problem on my server. But on my side, if I relaod the page in the browser it the works fine (most of the times).

Have a try and come back here if the problem is not fixed (well fixed is maybe not the right word here).

Regards,

-dajan

Account deleted

13 December 2012, 0:53

Hi,

thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, a reload won't change anything :-(

Regards, Uwe

Account deleted

15 December 2012, 3:25

Push: No ideas? If anyone had a clue, this would be great; I'd like to make my students work with Mahara in the next weeks...

Uwe

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

15 December 2012, 5:15

A shot in the dark, but I searched for

1436: Thread stack overrun:  9072 bytes used of a 131072 byte stack, and 128000 bytes needed

and maybe its a mysql problem?

Account deleted

19 December 2012, 3:55

Dirk, thanks for pointing this out. Did a quick Google search on that error msg, found http://ushastry.blogspot.de/2009/06/mysql-thread-stack-overrun.html - and the procedure described there helped our admin fix the problem. Great. We're still somewhat mystified why that happened - before, Mahara never had any problem, and we hadn't changed anything as far as Apache and MySQL are concerned. Weird.

Thanks a lot!

Regards, Uwe

6 results