Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
making links to the different views

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 April 2009, 7:18

hey guys, i'm from austria and my english isn't thaat well so i'll do my best to express my question as best as possible.... i have to do 2 mahara views for school, one about impressionismus and one about feminism.... and i would like to do links between the two views. so if i go to the one page, i would like to come to the other page with a link... how do i do that? thanks for your help
Account deleted

13 April 2009, 8:10

Hello Fay,

The simplest way of linking one view to the other is creating a html block in each view with a hyperlink to the other view, and maybe an additional explanation about that other view.

You can also add both views to "My Portfolio", and they will be shown when people click on your profile. I believe that Mahara 1.1 allows to do so, although older versions probably not.

Another way could be creating a group, inviting other people interested in the subjects to join the group and posting the two views to the group.

Regards

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

13 April 2009, 8:12

Hi Fay,

greetings from Germany ;-)

It's quite simple to do your job Cool

You can insert any links in a textbox. So create a "Navigation" textbox in each of your views and insert there the link to the other view. You will find the link adress if you open the view with your browser in the URL, copy this code into the link box window.

Feel free to write an E-Mail to me if you need further explanations.I have done a very similiar job with 5 views at my Mahara site http://ewiesion.com/mahara Feel free to register and give it a try :-)

HTH Heinz

Account deleted

13 April 2009, 18:05

Two good answers already - I'll just add that the ability to make "multiple page" views and the ability to easily link from view to view are two things we'd like to add in future versions Smile
Account deleted

14 April 2009, 15:55

THANK YOU A LOT!!!!! it worked :-)
5 results