Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
php configurations problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 April 2009, 8:53

hi,

I just installed mahara, first i had errors in main page about turning off php settings so i tried in .htaccess but i had internal error then the support desk told me i have to create php.ini.

once this was created i didnt get the error in main page but in admin section i get this errro now: can you help please:

Call stack (most recent first):
  • log_message("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...", 1, true, true) at /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/lib/errors.php:102
  • log_environ("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...") at /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/lib/mahara.php:93
  • ensure_sanity() at /home/xxx/public_html/xxxx/init.php:79
  • require("/home/asiatube/public_html/afghansiteco/init.php") at /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/admin/extensions/plugins.php:30

Account deleted

11 April 2009, 13:30

Hi,

This means that you need to open up your new php.ini file, find the setting magic_quotes_gpc and change it to off.

Hope that helps!

Account deleted

11 April 2009, 14:22

thanks, i tried it but didnt work so turned off the message.

now i want to make another tweak. i want to show two sets of header menus. one when they are logged and one when they are not logged. can you please tell me which files i need to edit.

can you please explain clearly as i am a newbie Laughing

thanks alot

Account deleted

11 April 2009, 18:24

Hi - what kind of changes do you want to make to the menus? Any reason why the current menus aren't so good? Smile
Account deleted

12 April 2009, 7:21

the menu and whole script is brilliant. all i want is to:

1.  add few more options(extenal links of my other sites) to the menu. 

2. also add these external links as a menu when users are not logged in.

Account deleted

13 April 2009, 18:27

Richard answered you in another thread - look at the nav functions in lib/web.php
6 results