Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Small Upgrade Display Problems

Ali Hastie's profile picture

31 October 2012, 5:49

Hi

I have just upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.6.1 and the upgrade was successful. Though, I seem to have two little problems at the moment:

1. With using IE9 and embedding any blocktype when adding to a Mahara page, the blocktype settings takes up the whole page rather than sitting nicely within the centre of the page. Using Google Chrome, embedding the blocktypes, the page freezes completely. Tried with all Mahara themes and still displays the same.
  2. We have Moodle 2.3.2 networked with this Mahara installation and the link for 'You have logged in from' has disappeared. This link is to navigate back to Moodle and displayed previous to the upgrade.

Cheers

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 November 2012, 16:48

Hi Ali,

1.  The blocktype settings thing happens because we introduced the responsive design for phones/tablets etc. We didn't see the width obstructing any of the settings, and the responsive design was worth letting it stay due to lack of time.  Is it causing an issue, or just looking clumsy?

2.  We'll have a look at the second issue. I don't have a mahoodle account at my disposal right now. In the meantime, there were lots of theme changes, so if you use a custom theme, please double-check that your custom theme template files haven't missed the changes.

Thanks,
Melissa.

10 November 2012, 3:38

Hi Melissa

Point 1 is not actually causing an issue, its looks clumsy within IE to be honest.

Point 2 is that we do no use a custom theme, as we use the school theme and have tried it with other Mahara themes.

Cheers

Ali

Dale Jones's profile picture

14 November 2012, 8:24

On Point 2 here - I'm not seeing a location in "You have logged in from ." either.  Am running a standard Moodle/Mahara setup, authenticating by Moodle and SSO into Mahara.  All themes in Mahara are straight out of the box.  I'd welcome a solution.

Cheers

Dale

14 November 2012, 11:55

Hi Dale An alternative I carried out was to insert the MNET Moodle link within the links and resources Mahara block. Not perfect but students soon learn it is there in order to SSO back to Moodle. Cheers Ali
Wullie's profile picture

16 November 2012, 4:35

Ali,

It looks like the institution_display_name call is wrong in $WWWROOT/lib/mahara.php on line 2456.

You can get it to work (as a workaround) by changing

.....$authobj->wwwroot, institution_display_name($peer->name));

to either

....$authobj->wwwroot, institution_display_name($peer->institution));

or

......$authobj->wwwroot,$peer->name);

I've raised a bug for this, which you can view here.

16 November 2012, 22:15

Hi Wullie

Perfect! used:

$authobj->wwwroot,$peer->name);

and works accordingly.

Cheers.

Wullie's profile picture

24 April 2013, 3:40

Ali,

While looking at this again (because after a small update, my settings were off), this can be fixed by adding the following into wwwroot/theme/view.css (I added at row 230, so it was around the rest of the associated code)

.ie7 .blockinstance.configure {width:700px;}

Hope this helps

8 results