Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Admin User Cannot Log In

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 October 2012, 15:43

We installed Mahara on a Windows 2008 RC 2 server this summer. This is the same server we have Moodle installed on. I am just now playing around with it and was able to get single sign with Moodle and Mahara working just recently. We do not have any users logging into Mahara yet. Just the admin that was set up as an internal user.

Right before I got single sign on working I logged into Mahara one day and found that I could not log in. I know the password was correct and it had not expired. We were able to change the password in the database to allow me to log back in. I created a second admin user just in case the first one failed again, since we were not certain why this happened.

I then got single sign on working and worked with it a couple days up until today. The last thing I did yesterday was Close Mahara by using the link in the admin panel, so no one would try to log in. We want to make sure everything is ok before we introduce it to users. I cannot log in with either the admin or my backup admin user. In addition, we tried changing the password for each of these users and still cannot log in.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Diane

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 October 2012, 1:13

Hello Diane,

How bizarre. Did you by any chance turn off networking on either Moodle or Mahara? Does your server error log give any error message? Without knowing a little bit more, it's not easy to troubleshoot I'm afraid.

BTW, what version of Moodle and Mahara are you using?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

22 October 2012, 7:31

Hi, I am using Moodle 2.2.3+ and Mahara 1.5.1. They are both installed on the same Windows 2008 RC2 Server. I did not turn networking off in either client. The last thing I did was close Mahara, so no one other than the administrator could log in. Since I cannot log in to Mahara as an adiministrator or anyone else I cannot double check the network settings. I looked at networking in Moodle and everything seems fine. However, I did notice that it indicates the following for the public key: "The public key you are holding for this host is different from the public key it is currently publishing. The currently published key is:"

I am not sure that it is was that way before. There is nothing in the box listed for the currently published key.

Should I try to remove all networking to Mahara in Moodle?

Thanks, Diane

Account deleted

22 October 2012, 17:29

Hi Diane,

Is there any account for Mahara that uses the internal authentication method (ie, doesn't go through Moodle). If so, you can use that to double check the networking settings. It looks like the key has been lost. You can reset it through the database but we will try doing it via the web interface first ;)

The default admin username at time of install is admin. It may be that you can reset that password, if that is what you want I can give you instructions on how to do that.

Cheers,

Hugh

Account deleted

23 October 2012, 7:14

Hi Hugh, I have two admin accounts that are set up with internal authentication. I cannot log in with either account. We have tried changing the password in the SQL database by using a script we found on Mahara.org, but we still cannot log into Moodle. Do you have a different way of resetting the password. I will try finding out how to reset the key using a web interface on Moodle.org. I could also try removing all Mahara network settings from Moodle? If you have any other thoughts, please let me know. Thanks, Diane

Account deleted

23 October 2012, 17:02

Hi Diane,

What script did you try from mahara.org? Will see what is wrong about it, and let you know how to reset the password properly.

Cheers,

Hugh

Account deleted

24 October 2012, 7:15

Hi Hugh,

This is the script we used:

<?php
define('INTERNAL', 1);
define('PUBLIC', 1);
require('init.php');
require_once('auth/lib.php');
$user = get_record('usr', 'id', 123);
$user->password = 'changeme';
reset_password($user);

This is the second time we have been locked out of Mahara and tried to use the script. The first time we got locked out we only had one user identified in Mahara - the admin user. We do not know why we got locked out the first time. However, we ran the script and it worked. After that happened, I added a second admin user just in case we had the problem again.

We then got locked out a second time and I could not get in with either admin user account. The last thing I did in Mahara was close the program to all users except for admins using the link on the admin configuration page. After that we could not get back in with either admin user. We tried running the script for both admin users to change the password, but could not get back in with either user.

The reason we closed the program was because I was able to get single sign on working between Moodle and Mahara and did not want people accessing Mahara yet. I was able to get single sign on working by enabling all the SSO settings. We also had LDAP authentication enabled as a second method. Could that possibly be why we are having an issue?

Thanks, Diane

Account deleted

24 October 2012, 17:40

Hi Diane,

That script should still work as far as I know. How are you getting the id for the user (the 123 you have there).

Cheers,

Hugh

A post by Account deleted was deleted

9 results