Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
mahara/moodle - xml-rpc: changing server name?

Roger Emery's profile picture

14 August 2012, 9:14

Hi,

We've changed the name of our old moodle 1.9 build, but I want to be able to keep the SSO to Mahara in order that links to students assignments (via the Mahara Assignment Plug-in) still work.

I've kept the same authentication method (and therefore jump id) on both and have re-freshed the certificates. However I only getthis error message:

"Sorry, could not log you in :(

Sorry, we could not log you into Mahara at this time. Please try again shortly, and if the problem persists, contact your administrator"

Both from the assignment link and from the netwrok logins block in Moodle.

Where do I look next? Is there a conflict with login's being attached to LDAP login? should all those tutors have their auth set to the id of the xml-rpc instead of LDAP?

Any Help appreciated!

Roger

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 August 2012, 14:04

Hello Roger,

Do you have both LDAP and MNet set up in Mahara? If so, please check that LDAP is the parent authority for Moodle. Otherwise, two accounts will be created. That shouldn't be the cause for your problem though.

Do you have any error messages in your log file?

Cheers

Kristina

Roger Emery's profile picture

15 August 2012, 2:46

Hi,

Yes been down and round the LDAP vs XML route (both set up).

I have set all the users profiles in Mahara to Auth id of LDAP. All this was working before the server name change. Going to try and set some of the users back to XML and see if that works for the assignment plug-in.

Still scratching my head...

Roger

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 August 2012, 3:56

Hi Roger,

Did you already check your log file to see if an error message is created when you try to access Mahara from Moodle?

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 October 2012, 22:04

Hi Roger,

Were you able to sort out this issue?

Eugene.

5 results