Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Group with no forum?

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

30 July 2012, 8:03

I've noticed a group on our site that has no forum and wondered how that was created. I've been through all the group type options and they all seem to get a forum.

Thanks

Marion

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 August 2012, 9:17

Is the forum tab there with just nothing in?

03 August 2012, 11:12

No 'Forum' tab.  Just 'About', 'Members' and 'Pages'.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 August 2012, 17:02

Hello Marion,

Does the same thing happen when you create another group?

Cheers

Kristina

05 August 2012, 14:28

Hi Kristina Doesn't happen at all when I create a group; i've been through all options. The person who created this group has several like this though. Marion
Account deleted

06 August 2012, 8:17

I could see this being possible if there were a different grouptype added as a plugin that only certain roles could create. Maybe I'm wrong there though!

Do you have access to the Site Administration?

If so, under Administer Extensions --> Plugin Administration --> Plugin type: grouptype , what do you see?

Also, on an unrelated idea.. are you a member of the groups with no forum? 

06 August 2012, 9:40

Thanks for your reply.  I've discovered it has something to do with my browser rather than being a new type of group.  Should have checked the browser issue earlier, I guess, sorry.

I am a member of one of these groups.  I am currently looking at the group from an XP laptop with Firefox 8.0 and I see all tabs.  I am also currently looking at the same group from an iMac with Safari 5.1.7 and I only see three tabs.  The iPad displays only three tabs also.

Marion

Account deleted

08 August 2012, 6:45

Oh dear! I wonder why Safari filters out the forum tab?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 August 2012, 5:20

Hello,

Interesting. I just checked in Safari 5.1.7 on Mac OS 10.7.4 and see all tabs including the forum one when I check out groups on http://demo.mahara.org both when I am admin in a group and when I'm not admin.

Marion and Thomas: Could you please test on that site with your Safaris?

Cheers

Kristina

9 results