Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Users does not exist error

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 July 2012, 21:50

When a new group is created or a post is made on a group to which a member who no longer is at our school, is subcribed, our admin recieves an error that and e-mail was sent to a non-exisitant user.

We understand why this happens. The reason is that the associated account has been deleted from our AD and with that so has its e-mail address.

The question is:

How do we resync our Mahara accounts so that all accounts not found in our AD are susspended... or what other  method is there?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 July 2012, 15:58

Hello Andre,

Accounts in Mahara are not deleted automatically when they don't exist on the other end anymore. You could disable the email address of the accounts of the users who aren't at your school anymore. This can be done in bulk via CSV under the "Add users by CSV" option.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

29 July 2012, 17:36

Thanks for that. Unfortunately that won't work with our current work flow and to change the way our scripts work (that syn AD with our SMS) is simply too much work.

We need a script that that will compare Maraha users with our AD users and then disable those in Maraha that don't exist in AD.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 August 2012, 17:30

Hello Andre,

You could aks a Mahara Partner https://mahara.org/partners who offers development work to assist you with that.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

05 August 2012, 16:23

Hi, thanks for that. I have no problem paying for support, but that last time that I approached one of these organisations it turned out to be be MUCH cheaper purchasing propriatory software. 

But there is no harm getting a quote I suppose :-)

5 results