Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Assignmens Submission plugins Moodle 2.2 and Mahara 1.5

Gideon Williams's profile picture

23 July 2012, 5:56

Trying to find a post to confirm that the Moodle & Mahara plugins for Portfolio assignment submission works with 2.2 and Mahara 1.5 for both Outcomes plugin and portfolio page plugin?

Can anyone confirm this with 2.2 and 1.5 and 2.3 and 1.5?

Many thanks

Gideon

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

24 July 2012, 2:13

Hi,

it works with Moodle 2.2 and Mahara 1.5 (tested locally in a non-production install), but it doesn't work with Moodle 2.3 (they completely rewrote the assignment activity, so it no longer works).

Saludos.
Iñaki.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 July 2012, 16:44

Hello Iñaki,

I thought to remember that Mark Drechsler from NetSpot said it still works in 2.3 if you keep the "old" assignment type active. I haven't had time to test it yet though.

Cheers

Kristina

Wullie's profile picture

03 August 2012, 4:03

It still works using Moodle 2.3.1 and Mahara 1.5 (I'd guess as you've said, as long as the old assignment type is still active).

I have a slight issue though. When i sent a forum discussion from Moodle to Mahara it successfully saves into my icoming folder in the files area as an html file, but when I try to add it onto a page as single html file, the file is not there as an option.

Can I ask what the intention behind these files are? Are they supposed to display the discussion/thread as an artefact, or are they just supposed to be accessible files (if they are just supposed to be accessible files, the html code won't mean anything to anyone).

Any ideas?

Thanks

04 August 2012, 17:13

Hello Wullie,

Thanks for confirming the working of the Mahara assignment submission plugin in Moodle 2.3.

The issue with the HTML file is not related to the plugin as that is a built-in functionality from Moodle. Sometimes the file type of the HTML file is not transferred correctly and thus Mahara cannot recognize the HTML file as such.

There should be a bug report about it already, but I can't find it right now.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted
Account deleted

21 August 2012, 4:35

Hi Kristina, do you know if anyone is developing a new assignment plugin for Moodle 2.3's revised assignment architecture?

Thanks, Mark.

Ali Hastie's profile picture

21 August 2012, 14:59

Hi Mark

Have you seen the bottom thread within here:

https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=3834

looks interesting but have not seen any timelines. Kristina may know more.

Cheers

Ali

23 August 2012, 15:43

Hello Mark and Ali,

Please take a look at https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Moodle_LTI_integration and the discussion that is linked in there (that's where Ali's link will lead you, but it may not stay the bottom one. ;-) ).

There is no timeline as of yet, and today / yesterday a LTI integration was posted that I'll have to look into first (i.e. install it) as the demo didn't work.

A short answer: Currently, there are no plans to update the Mahara assignment submission plugin for 2.3 as you can still use it by keeping the old assignment type turned on. Interest by not just one university was shown for the LTI integration instead of doing it via MNet.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

31 October 2012, 16:17

Hi there,

Can I confirm if we upgrade to Moodle 2.3 and Mahara 1.6 our assignments module in Moodle will continue to work if we have both the new assignments module and the old assignments module turned on at the same time?

Many thanks,

10 results