Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Clarification on copying pages

Teresa Brady's profile picture

15 July 2012, 7:55

Hi,

I am just after some clarification on the Copy page feature.

Say if you make a 'template page' to be able to re-use the structure/layout, and then you go to copy that 'template page', but a whole list of other pages come up (as well as your own)... does that mean each of those pages that appear, have been made either Public or Shared with Logged in Users? Or does that mean every single page made by every single member in that institution is available to be copied?

Sorry, if this sounds like a silly question!

Thanks in advance, 

Teresa

15 July 2012, 9:27

Hello Theresa,

First of all, on which version of Mahara are you? Because there is big change between 1.4 and 1.5. In 1.5 you can retain the access rights on copied page. This means you can access copies of your shared pages, or in other words being able to access anybody's pages wich are a copy of yours.

This option is explain in the user manual here : (http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.5_STABLE/portfolio/share.html?highlight=retain) point 4.4.4

Regards,

-dajan

Teresa Brady's profile picture

15 July 2012, 17:51

Hi Dajan,

We are currently on 1.4.2 but will be upgrading to 1.5.1 at the end of Semester 2. Laughing

I did see what you were talking about  in the 1.5 user manual - it looks like a really good feature!

I suppose I really have two questions...

Question 1:
My main question is that if a person shares (gives access to) with Public or  with Logged in Users, does that mean that any page that has been made either Public or shared with Logged in Users is available for copying?

Question 2:
I notice that even in 1.4, under Portfolio > Share > Advanced, there is an 'Allow copying' checkbox.
Does that mean even if you have kept your pages private (not shared with anyone) that they can be copied?

Thanks in advance,

Teresa

16 July 2012, 0:01

Question 1:

No. This is not enough. If you don't set Allow copy in the Advanced settings, the page is not read for copy.

Question 2:

No. Allowing a page for copy is not enough. You have to give access to it first. And only those who have access would be able to copy it.

-dajan

4 results