Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
2 issues with Mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 June 2012, 10:58

Hi All

I am a big fan of Mahara and have only just started using it. Unfortunately I have come across one issue which has been discussed on here but never resolved - when the welcome email comes through, there are a number of equals signs "=" that randomly appear and unfortunately break up the link. Please can someone explain how to get round this.

Secondly, I am trying to rename "qualification description" which is in the form under education history in the resume section I need to rename it to grade. Can someone please tell me how to do this? I have tried editing a .php file but it made the whole site completely unstable with different size fonts all over the place.

Many thanks in advance

Michael

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 June 2012, 1:12

Hi Michael,

As you would have noticed at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/691366 we're having difficulty reproducing the issue. Our hands can't hit what our eyes can't see, so to speak :(

For changing qualification description to grade, you could make a new translation with that string only changed, and put that in the data directory. You can reappropriate one of the existing english variants to make it easier. It will use the english for all the rest. I don't know of another way to change this without changing code which would be overwritten next time you update.

So, your new translation would only have an empty directory "langpacks/en_us.utf8/lang" and file "langpacks/en_us.utf8/artefact/resume/lang/en_US.utf8/artefact.resume.php" (these paths are from the root of your data directory)

Inside that file you need only have

<?
defined('INTERNAL') || die();
$string['qualdescription'] = 'Grade';

-- Melissa.

2 results