Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
SQL - PHP VERSIONS

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 June 2012, 4:43

I have changed my host three times and still am running into SQL and PHP version problems.  Can anyone please tell me exactly what versions of SQL and PHP are required for the latest version of mahara to run on. 

Thanks Steve

Account deleted

11 June 2012, 6:08

I found what I was looking for but had to do a google search to find it. This is because there always seems to be a problem with this sites search facility, which needs to be sorted out.

Anyway here is the info:-

Recommended Platform

Mahara is designed to run on variants of the popular LAMP stack. Apart from the PHP requirement, all other parts can be swapped for alternatives if necessary. However, the recommended platform is:

• OS: Linux - Debian Lenny or later, and Ubuntu Lucid or later, are the distributions that the core developers use, and so Mahara is best tested there.
  • Web Server: Apache - 2.0 or greater
  • Database Server: PostgreSQL - 8.3 or greater
  • Language: PHP - 5.3 or greater

I must congratulate my hosting company www.hostgator.com' for their 24/7 customer support in relation to my VPS package. They have agreed to upgrade my server to accommodate the above requirements though there may be a cost involved. If there is, I will post it here for other members to see.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 June 2012, 15:48

Hello Steve,

We've noticed the problem with the search engine as well and a developer is looking into it. I don't know why duckduckgo suddenly doesn't find relevant results anymore, but we hope to have it sorted at some point.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

13 June 2012, 18:09

I'm not sure why the site's not being fully indexed.  We could probably fix the problem by publishing a sitemap.

Duckduckgo seems a lot worse than google, but google is missing some pages too.  Yesterday I tried searching for a few pages I knew existed.  So for example the search

"second parameter" site:mahara.org

gave no results in either google or duckduckgo, but it should find the thread with id 3957.

Searching for

1398 site:mahara.org

gave five results on google, and no results in duckduckgo, but neither found the thread with id 3932.

4 results