Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Reserved word in a field name in install.xml

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

31 May 2012, 9:45

I've been trying to do a fresh install of Mahara 1.5 and it won't create the database tables.

I've now found in Mahara/htdocs/lib/db/install.xml Block_instance  line 726 has a field name of 'column' That is a reserved word in MySql and can't be a field name. I'm assuming that this is why my database tables won't create.

If I rename it what is the likely knock on effect? For example I may well get a set of database tables, but I then might have a none working Mahara.

Thanks

Heather

Account deleted

31 May 2012, 17:26

Hi Heather, that's probably not the problem; reserved words should be quoted correctly for MySQL when the tables are being created.  Do you have an error message from Mahara in your webserver's error log?

Account deleted

01 June 2012, 2:35

Hi

No, I have no error logs anywhere. I even turned the display errors on in php and still nothing. The install copies all the Mahara files to whereever they are supposed to go but it just doesn't do anything with the database, just sits on the Mahara/admin/upgrade.php page doing nothing. 

It is a brand new install so there are no tables in the database for it to upgrade, it needs to create them.

All a bit odd really. I'll keep hunting and trying.

Thanks

Heather

3 results