Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Want to install on Windows 2008 and IIS 7.5

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 May 2012, 3:48

Hello

I want ot put Mahara onto a Windows 2008 R2 server and IIS 7.5 with MySql 5.5

Has anybody successfully done this or am I barking mad for considering it?

I tried putting it on a Windows 7 VM as a start but it won't create the database tablses, seems to think it should be upgrading them instead and I can't upgrade something that doesn't yet exist!

Anybody successfully running on Windows with IIS?

Thanks

Heather 

Account deleted

30 May 2012, 13:37

I am running Mahara on Windows Servier 2008 R2 with IIS version 7.0.  I am not a programmer so had lots of trouble getting it up and running the first time (Mahara 1.3).  It does not appear to be fully functional in a windows environment due to PHP limitations (i.e. exporting is a problem).  Also had trouble setting up a CRON on the server using windows task scheduler.   Spent many hours trying to figure all this out and wish I had kept better notes.  Version 1.4.1 was running well but I'm in the middle of trying to get version 1.5.1 up and running and having problems with the database upgrade.

So, the short answer is:  Yes it can be done.

Account deleted

31 May 2012, 3:21

Are you using MySql or Postgres?

My install of a 1.5 fell over on trying to create the database tables in MySQl 5.5 I was about to revert to Apache instead of IIS, but you have given me hope to try again.

I've done Moodle crons using task scheduler and I'm going to guess it is pretty similar, not got that far yet. It has a quirk in that you have to tell it which folder to start in otherwise it won't work, even though it implies it is optional, also remember to run it with an account that has sufficient priviliges, e.g. an admin account

31 May 2012, 3:03

Hello,

If you search the forums you will find other threads about Windows installations and setup. For example here (https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4508#post20241), discussing problems with cron.

If you have a working procedure to install Mahara on Windows, feel free to update the wiki to help other users in this apprently difficult task.

Cheers,

-dajan

4 results