Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Sorry, your registration attempt was unsuccessful

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 May 2012, 7:34

Hi, many members are coming across this error message:

Sorry, your registration attempt was unsuccessful. This is our fault, not yours. Please try again later."

In my case, this was simply due to an oversight when configuring the email client in the admin configuration panel.

I had typed in my SMTP Host Address into both the first and second boxes.

It is correct in the first SMPT HOST BOX but not correct in the second box which should contain the SMTP PORT NUMBER BOX.

The SMTP PORT NUMBER BOX should be left empty unless your hosting company is using a port number other than 25.

It is a simple mistake to do when you are acting intuitively rather than paying attention and actually reading what it says for the input box.

I hope this helps you out.

Steve

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

26 May 2012, 17:46

Hello Stephan,

Thanks for pointing out that reading what's on the screen or in the help pop-up windows can make a difference. Wink If you come across things that should be clearer, please let us know. We can also update the user manual if more concrete information were necessary. BTW, the manual has its own bug tracker if there are things incorrect or missing.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 May 2012, 18:35

That’s ok, however, I am now having these two messages come up every time I try to log in, I have a gut feeling that this is due tot he cronjob not being installed.

You have exceeded the maximum login attempts. This account has been locked for up to 5 minutes.

You have not provided the correct credentials to log in. Please check your username and password are correct.

I cant do this myself as it is folder is only accessible to my hosting company staff who are a bunch of wankers. However, I will be talking to their manager on Monday to sort it out.

Would you please confirm if I am right in my assumption.

Regards

Steve

3 results