Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahoodle, cant't roam to Mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 May 2012, 10:42

Hi there,

I can't roam from Moodle to Mahara. Mahara sets up the new user but he can't log into Mahara:

Mahara: Site unavailable A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system.

I still can log in as an admin and i see that the created users are missing their "remote username".

When I set the remote usernames "by hand" everything works like a charm. 

I appreciate every hint! Thanks in advance!

Steffen

My system:

- debian squeeze
- Moodle 2.2.3
- Mahara 1.5.1 

- remote Mysql Database (debian squeeze)

21 May 2012, 12:03

Hi,once you have integrated mahara in moodle you need to access mahara by logging in to moodle first. We then added the network server block on everyone's home page and that gives a mahara link carrying the authentication through. To return to moodle just click logout in mahara. that works for us, hope it helps.

Account deleted

22 May 2012, 2:25

Thank you for your reply! Yes it works fine as you described as soon as I set the "remote username" at the Mahara user properties. Mahara creates the new user but he hasn't the remote username in its properties. 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 May 2012, 4:39

Hello Steffen,

Did you doublecheck the Mahoodle guide that you have all the correct permissions etc.? I assume as the user is created, but just to make sure... I've never heard of that issue before here in the forums if my memory serves me right.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

23 May 2012, 6:13

Hi Kristina,

yes, I doubledoublechecked it many times. It worked until I changed some settings concerning the themes, clamav etc. But I wasn't able to discover which action caused that the remote username never appeared when a new user (roaming from Moodle) was created.

Finally I reinstalled the database +Mahara with the same settings I used before and it works fine now \o/

I am happy with Mahoodle now! In our business such strange things happen once in a while :)

Thanks for your kind reply, cheers

Steffen

23 May 2012, 14:37

Hello Steffen,

Great that your Mahoodle setup works now, but sad that you couldn't track down the error yet to avoid the issue next time. Hopefully, it was a one-off fluke.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

18 June 2013, 21:21

Dear all,

i have the same problem.
and i manually set remote access to accounts.
im using mahara 1.6.5 and moodle 2.3.7

please advise.

best regards,
Anis
Account deleted

29 June 2013, 2:52

Can anyone address this problem please?

18 August 2013, 17:14

Hello Hari and Anis,

What error messages do you get in the Moodle and / or Mahara error log when you try to roam from Moodle to Mahara? Not knowing anything beyond the "nonrevoerable error" is a bit hard to help you. The error log is often more informative.

Thanks

Kristina

A post by Account deleted was deleted

11 results