Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Delete EmailDigest

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 March 2012, 22:23

Alot of the users of my mahara dont have email address so when i enter their user accounts in i just put a generic account eg. [email protected]. I am wanting to clean up the mahara database and noticed that notification_emaildigest_queue table contains a heap of data, am i able to empty this table without any issues?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 March 2012, 2:27

Hello Mathew,

Sorry that I can't answer your question directly, but I have a suggestion for the future batch or if you can how to do it in bulk at the database level:

If you are working with fake email addresses, you can disable the email. For a user that is done on the accunt settings page /account/ That is probably the best as then no notification is attempted to be sent. Alternatively, you could set the notifications to be received just in the Inbox instead of via email or email digest on /account/activity/preferences/

Mahara 1.5 will have the functionality to determine general account options (the things you see in your user account settings) when you create accounts manually or via CSV file.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

20 March 2012, 17:02

Thanks for that Kristina,

I have disabled email for all users now.

Can i delete all the entries in the "notification_emaildigest_queue" table in the database now, to help reduce the overall size of the database???

Account deleted

20 March 2012, 19:32

Mathew, yes, if email is not going to be sent anyway, there's no harm in emptying the table.

Account deleted

20 March 2012, 20:25

Thanks Richard,

The emptying worked fine

Account deleted

22 March 2012, 19:42

Just following up on this issue, After disabling email in the config.php it stoped the issue of database entries growing from the email digest queue and those constant "User notification error was probably caused by your server configuration." messages.

But now when users recieve private messages, they are being automatically marked as read... Is there anyway to fix this issue? I know that if they change their notification setting to inbox then it fixes it, but seeing as i have 800 users i would prefer not having to do this to every account manually

Thanks

6 results