Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara/Moddle View Submission Problem..

Syed Anwar's profile picture

05 March 2012, 19:05

Hi All,

I've problem to view assignment at moodle. I've done place plugin into my Moodle 'mod/assignment/type' folder and Moodle 'mod' folder as usual. I now be able to select the "Mahara Portfolio" assignment from the Activity drop-down in the Moodle courses. But after click my Moodle courses it's said

RPC mod/mahara/rpclib.php/get_views_for_user:
ERROR 28:
connect() timed out

Can Anyone help me in this matter.

tq

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 March 2012, 15:00

Hello Syed,

Have you followed the instructions (the file Mahoodle_updated) for setting up MNet between Mahara and Moodle and then clicked the specific setting that you need for the assignment submission plugin (point 4 under Installation)?

Cheers

Kristina

Syed Anwar's profile picture

06 March 2012, 20:23

Hi Kristina,

I've checked again all my configuration in Mahoodle and it seem not problem. I have moodle application running on 3 different server sharing a database (and therefore sharing the certificate) and connect to Load Balancer (LB). I also have 1 Mahara application running on 1 different server. But, I can access from Moodle 1.9 to my portfolio Mahara 1.4.

I also place two plugin to each my 3 moodle application at Moodle 'mod' folder and Moodle 'mod/assignment/type' folder. But, I dont know why error 28: connect() time out!. MayB it's reason I'm using 3 different server or firewall?

Please help me..tq

07 March 2012, 0:27

Hello Syed,

Sorry, but I can't help you beyond here because I don't have so much technical knowledge. There was a similar question here: https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=4390#post19462

Cheers

Kristina

Marius Jugariu's profile picture

24 July 2013, 1:27

Hi Kristina,

On a slightly different but similar note - I attended in Birmingham at beginning of July the MaharaUK conference and one gentleman from Catalyst said that an improved version of this plugin was released or was going to be released shortly after the conference and he advised me to watch a Twitter page but I can't remember which one.

Do you know anything about this?

Many thanks,

Marius

30 July 2013, 1:07

Hello Marius,

Ruslan from Lancaster University was working on upgrading the plugin in general and we are going to make some enhancements in the near future (implement collection support for example). Ruslan posted in https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5300 and I believe that is where he would post any updates.

The Twitter ID for Mahara is @maharaproject, but most Mahara updates are best subscribed to by using the hashtag #mahara. That way you see all posts, retweets etc.

Hope that helps.

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 May 2013, 21:01

Hi Syed,

I have the same problem if you could let me know how you solved this issue.

thanks

Account deleted

22 May 2013, 22:23

Anyways, I fixed the problem and the reason only writing this is so that others who face this problem can resolve it.

The reason you get that error is and according to me is that I totally changed my server location, that means initially when I configured Mahara and Moodle I was in different network using 10.0.0.0/16. And suddenly I changed it to 192.168.0.0/24. 

What actually happens is that we need to change the IP in our Moodle and Mahara config.php file. But this won't work and the reason is that, if we look back during setting up Mahara and Moodle. We used Public Key and IP to communicate between Mahara and Moodle.

So we need to go to Mahara go to Institution, either add new institution and go to Authentication Plugin and create new XML-RPC plugin that supports new network with new Public Key. Simillary, we go back to moodle Networking ==> Manage peers and create new hosts with new IP. 

If you can do this then it will start working perfectly. If your confused do ask me. I will soon post it in my Blog in details. 

http://linuxaarif.blogspot.co.uk

Account deleted

29 June 2013, 3:31

perhaps something like "localhost" can help to avoid the issue

9 results