Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Named anchors >> Different block, different column: Possible?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

23 February 2012, 19:55

Hello Mahara forum,

Perhaps there is an answer here that I can't figure out. I'm using a 2 column layout, where the left side is an index to a long block that is in the right column. I'm trying to create quick jumps to those points in the page from the index, and it won't work.

Here is what I've so far tried.

1) Named (also tried ID) anchors created in HTML editor of the right hand block + matching references in the index (e.g. index code looks like this: <p><a href="#aims">AIMS</a></p>   ... and the "aims" anchor is in that space in a block in the right hand column).

2) Created the long block file in Dreamweaver and created all the anchors there, then uploaded the HTML file into the site, and dropped it into the page using the "Some HTML" tool.

I've seen an example where it works when the named anchor is in the same column, but I cannot get this to work in a different column.

Thank you in advance to anyone who has any ideas.

-george

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 February 2012, 18:42

Hello George,

This question had come up incidentally a year ago Smile and a solution was found as discussed here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/725634

You can use named anchors, but the anchor must start with "user_" to prevent issues with potentially existing IDs in Mahara. I tested it on demo.mahara.org and it worked there. You must have Mahara 1.4 running to take advantage of this.

Cheers

Kristina

2 results