Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Error Creating Views

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

24 March 2009, 9:05

Hi,

I've had Mahara 1.0.9 and Moodle 1.9.3 running well for a couple of months, but have recently tried upgrading it to 1.1.1 - I thought everything had worked, but I was soon alerted to the fact that users could no longer create views and get the error "Missing parameter 'id' and no default supplied".

I tried updating it to 1.1.2, but the upgrade failed.

Fortunately there's barely any  user data at the moment as we're still testing, so have started from scratch using a new mahara database and 1.12, but I still get the same error! I've even tried logging in as the internal admin and also get the same error.

Oh, I'm using Mysql 5 on Ubuntu 8.04

Account deleted

24 March 2009, 17:17

Hi Paul,

Please let us know exactly what you are doing when this error occurs.  Does it happen as soon as you click the "Create View" button?

Account deleted

25 March 2009, 6:10

Hi Richard, Thanks for getting back to me--

After a good night's sleep and mulling over the problem it occured to me that the only change to the system I had made was adding a custom template from 1.0.9 - once I removed this everything worked fine! 

The custom template was an exact replica from the default 1.0.9 version, but with my own jpg header. When installed with my own template, the 'My Portfolio" page for any user only displayed a button to 'create view' whereas now I get 'create view', 'create template' and 'copy a View'  ; also the Edit view details/Edit this view/Edit view access did not display.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

25 March 2009, 6:35

Hi Paul,

There were changes in the themelayout from 1.0.x to 1.1 version of Mahara. I don´t know how much you have changed in your theme, please take care to integrate the actual theme stuff into your theme design.

Nigel mentioned that header.tpl and footer.tpl were affected.

HTH Heinz

Account deleted

26 March 2009, 11:50

I only added a custom jpg header, nothing else. Well done for knowing what I meant, as I should have said Themes, not Templates
Account deleted

27 March 2009, 12:23

Hi Paul!

I guess even if you just changed the header image, you still overwrode the whole template. 

Pretty sure you can just overwrite the header image by placing it in your theme directory, not actually changing the template. Mahara uses a smarty directive we wrote, theme_path which finds the most 'local' version of a static theme file ( what you find in the static/ directory in the theme)

HTH

Penny

Account deleted

30 March 2009, 12:16

Thanks for the responses! I seem to have sorted it out for the moment -as long as I move files via terminal rather than the gui it seems ok.
7 results