Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mapping groups with institutions

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 March 2009, 16:34

Hi! Is it possible to map new users (who have opt-in to an institution) automatically to a group? Thanks for your answer.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

22 March 2009, 5:05

Hello Dietmar,

short answer: you will find the informations about your questions right here in the forums Cool

detailed howto Wink:

While creating/editing your group you can select the option:
Users auto-added? Yes No

this will Automatically put all new users into this group!

This feature is a great tool to get an overview who joined the mahara site, to send welcomes e.g.

HTH Heinz

Account deleted

22 March 2009, 18:06

Indeed Wink Note that this option is only available for site admins who are creating groups, to prevent the chance of spam.
Account deleted

23 March 2009, 10:08

What I'm trying to explain you: When there are more than only one institutions and more than only one groups: How can I set up that (for example) users, who are members of instituation 1 where automatically mapped to group 1 ... 2 to 2 and 3 to 3 ... and so on ...

Account deleted

23 March 2009, 11:46

Hello Dietmar,

If  I have understood you right, Maybe it woul be useful to program some sort of script that checks the users that are enrolled in a particular institution and add them to the  corresponding groups you want them enrolled.

You need to use the tables:  usr, autho_instance, group and group_member.

Regards

Account deleted

23 March 2009, 21:23

Hi - there's no options to do this in Mahara right now, but as Aaricia says it can probably be done with a bit of code. The method addUserAsMember in lib/institution.php would be a good place to start perhaps.
6 results