Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Language pack installed, but everything is still in english

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 November 2011, 5:34

Hi,

I have fresh install of mahara, version 1.2.4 (2009111013) and things seem to be working except changing language.

I have downloaded and unpacked finnish langpack and i can choose it from site options - configure site - language. But all the pages stay in english. Can enyone help me with this? Langpack is for version 1.2.

28 November 2011, 11:15

Hello,

Where did you put the langpack ?

It must be in the maharadata/langpacks/ folder. Don't forget to chmod -R 777 and chown -R with you system web server user name (Ubuntu www-data:www-data).

If you still have any problem, please come back on this forum and also search on the forums about langpack problems/solutions

Cheers,

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 November 2011, 13:00

Hello Ville,

If you are just starting out with Mahara, you may wish to look at version 1.4 immediately ( https://launchpad.net/mahara/+download ). If you have already been using 1.2, we suggest you upgrade to 1.4 because 1.2 is not supported anymore. We always support 2 versions, the most recent one and the one before.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

29 November 2011, 2:28

Hi again

Thankyou for answering and doing it so fast. Happy to see that there is an active community here.

I installed version 1.2 since it could be done from Ubuntu 10.04 repos automaticly. But now I have installed version 1.3, thankyou for hinting about supporting. I couldn't find finnish translation for 1.4, thats why I installed 1.3.7.

And now the langpack works, I'm not sure if it was the rights of directory or what since i deleted everything before new installation.

Thanks to you both.

29 November 2011, 15:00

Hello Ville,

Great that your language pack works. :-) The 1.3 lang pack should work for most of 1.4. In 1.4 there will then just be language strings that haven't been translated yet. The person who did the original translation hasn't updated it in a long time. You could help with the translation if you wish. If you are interested, please let me know and we would set the translation up on Launchpad where translating strings can be done online.

Cheers

Kristina

29 November 2011, 16:04

Hello Ville,

You may also wish to get in touch with Antti Koskinen from https://kyvyt.fi/view/view.php?id=23728 . They are upgrading to 1.4, but we don't know if they are going to have the Finnish interface.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

29 November 2011, 16:55

Hello.

Thanks, I'll email Antti soon. And I might be interested in translation, but not now.

François Marier's profile picture

29 November 2011, 16:42

Just a clarification: while 1.2 is not supported anymore the mahara packages that are in Debian and Ubuntu are supported (security-wise) for as long as that version of Debian/Ubuntu is supported.

Cheers,

Francois

Account deleted

29 November 2011, 16:55

Good to know, I'll keep that in mind in summer when it is time to upgrade my server.

9 results